Omg! So this is my favorite raw ingredient recipe of all recipes!! I have made these for my coworkers, family and even my boyfriend, who won’t even taste anything that looks healthy! haha. These power packed balls are made with all raw ingredients and absolutely no baking! I usually will eat 1 or 2 a day before a workout or throughout my day to boost my energy. They are so good, you will want to eat more. Trust me! 🙂 This recipe yields 30 energy powerballs.
- (4) Medjool Dates – Best practice is to soak them in a bowl of water overnight but if your pressed for time, an hour before you start is OK. You want them as soft and sticky as possible.
- 1/2 cup of your favorite dried fruit – I use dried blueberries and cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground maca root *optional*
- 1 tbls cinnamon
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup of semi dark chocolate chips
- 4 tbls of organic peanut butter or almond butter
- Add the medjool dates ( remove pits first) and pumpkin seeds to a food processor or magic bullet. Blend until the mix is well grounded and place in a big bowl.
- Add and mix together all other ingredients -using your hands is always more efficient and fun! 🙂
- Once mixed, use your hands or a ice cream scooper to create the balls until round. Each ball should be no bigger than 20 grams.
- Place on a baking pan and in the refrigerator for an hour before eating. Place in a tupperware and store in the refrigerator
Done and Done! Easy as that!
Note: These ingredients are high in good fat — indulge with caution!