Yo! I’m so excited to tell you my pizza secret! I absolutely love pizza, but because I’m healthy and everything, I can’t usually enjoy my favorite food. HOWEVER, there’s this vegetable called cauliflower that lets me live! Its lowkey a superfood in my eyes. You can literally use it as a substitute for flour when it comes to bread. I know what you’re thinking…cauliflower doesn’t taste all that good…. All I ask is you trust me and know that I would never disrespect the art of pizza. This substitute will have you wanting to make your own pizza every time. Plus it’s super easy.
Gluten free-low carb, cheesy cauliflower pizza or breadsticks.
- 4 Cups Riced Cauliflower – 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of mozzarella ( I like the mixed cheese)
- 3 tsp Oregano
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Tomato or Alfredo sauce
- Pepperoni, chicken, shrimp…pic your protein (i like chicken and bacon)
- Veggies..if you choose
- Preheat oven at 425F. Prepare large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If you bought the pre-riced cauliflower…skip this step. Chop Cauliflower to florets and place in food processor. Pulse until cauliflower resembles rice.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe container and cover. Microwave for 10 minutes.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl and mix in the 4 eggs, 2 cups mozzarella, oregano, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Separate mixture into two pizza, one huge pizza or a square for breadsticks.
- Bake only the crust for 20-25 minutes. You want the crust to be nice and brown. Add toppings and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
You can purchase rice cauliflower at Trader Joe’s and the freezer aisle of Walmart. The crust can be frozen , already baked, and thawed out in the oven or microwave for another time.
Let me know how much you like it..because I know you will. 🙂